One of the many words that gained tremendous attention especially during this lockdown is “Ubtan”.
So many Skin care brands have come up with their Ubtan Face Mask Range, I thought why not put forth a Ubtan Face Mask DIY which my Mum taught me.
It is always important to know “why” we use certain products rather than just using it because it’s in “Trend”.
Before getting into the DIY, let’s understand what Ubtan Mask actually is !!
Ubtan is known to be one of the ancient form of Beauty Mask which have a lot of benefits not just for your Face but entire Body. Even before the generations stepped into Facial or Bleaching to now Ready-made Face masks, Ubtan has been ruling the beauty treatment regime.
One of the biggest example is the Haldi Ceremony that we have in our Indian Culture where Ubtan is applied to the Bride & Groom for glowing skin.
I probably would suggest making this Mask a part of your weekly Skin Care routine, mainly because it is so so economical, doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket and completely worth it !!
Moving on to the Benefits of Ubtan Face Mask :
– Gives a Glow to your skin : Ubtan Face mask contains natural ingredients which benefit your skin in numerous ways. It contains ingredients that have cooling effect, which will help clean and hydrate your skin. Hydration of Skin = Glowing Skin. It also further helps your skin get rid of pimples, acne, etc.
– Tones your Skin : Ubtan mask helps clear the dead cells on your skin and tighten the pores. It is also believed that it has anti-ageing properties.
– Helps get rid of Tan : Due to Global warming, the sun rays, more than the vitamins have damaged almost all of our skins. The properties of Ubtan mask ingredients help clear your skin tan and gives it a fresh shine.
– Reduces Facial Hair : Ubtan mask can help reduce facial hair, frankly I haven’t noticed this effect much but it definitely helps you get rid of peach fuzz. It may lead to removal of fine baby hair, but don’t expect complete hair removal. However, removal of peach fuzz can even out your facial skin texture.
There may be more benefits because each ingredient of this mask comes with it’s own good results. This is how much I know and have experienced, feel free to educate me further in the comments below!!
Finally the DIY :
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/2 (or a little more than half) tbsp
- Sandalwood Powder (Chandan) – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 tbsp
- Rosewater – 1/2 tbsp
All you have to do is mix the “powder” ingredients well in a bowl. Then add Milk and Rosewater. We need a semi-thick paste so make sure to adjust the consistency as needed.
Apply all over your Face and Neck. Leave it for 15 minutes or until the mask has fully dried. Wash it off in circular motion with lukewarm water and pat dry.
You can use this mask once or twice a week.
* Before you guys try out any mask or skin care stuff, always make sure to do a patch test. Every skin is different and has its own way of reacting to different ingredients. Try to learn your skin better by always doing a Patch test.
Do give this DIY a try & don’t forget to share your experience with me!!
HAPPY SKIN CARE !!