With this ongoing pandemic almost everyone has realized the importance of having a healthy immune system.
Healthy immune system is just not only important for our body to fight against Covid-19 but also for various other reasons!!
Before we get into the main crux of the topic, let’s understand what is an Immune system?
Immune system in lay-mans language is basically a complex network of cells and proteins that defend the body against infection, any kind of infection, hence the importance of Healthy Immunity cannot be stressed enough.
Corona crisis has already made it an important factor. Let’s talk about which food items can help boost the immunity system and how we can maintain that healthy system. I am not some Science & Health expert but putting forth my knowledge which can be trusted.
Listing some immunity boosters that are available very easily and economically at hand :
- Turmeric (Haldi) – Turmeric is a potent anti-oxidant. It is considered as an important immune booster. One of the easiest way of consuming turmeric is to have it with milk. Having a nice hot turmeric milk can help your body fight against cold, flu, infections and many other health issues.
- Ginger – Ginger is antibacterial, it helps in supporting the immune system. Start your day with a hot cup of ginger tea and you are good to go. This is my favorite way to boost the immune system as I am a sucker for tea and I am sure many of you are too.
- Vitamin ‘C’ – Due to the pandemic we have read and heard in the news in order to maintain our body immunity we should consume good amount of Vitamin ‘C’. Vitamin ‘C’ is commonly associated in maintaining a very healthy immune system. One of the most easiest and tasty way to make that happen is Orange and Sweet Lemon (Mosambi) Juice. Fresh Orange and Sweet Lemon juice provides a variety of vitamins and nutrients.
- Oily Fish – For my non veg lovers out here, Fish has multiple benefits for our health, body, hair but specifically oily fish is a great way to boost your immune system. Fish like Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon can be of great help in this regard. Fish is a great source of Zinc, which our body cannot produce naturally. Studies have shown that people who are deficient of zinc are more prone to infection.
- Hot Water – Sipping hot water at regular intervals can prevent the formation of toxins in the body which in turn can boost the immune function.
- Coconut Water – Coconut Water has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that can help increase the body’s immunity system and fight viral infections.
- Dark Chocolate – YES!!! Dark Chocolate can be an immunity booster. The cocoa found in dark chocolate can strengthen our body’s resistance to infection. However, it is still chocolate so make sure to have it in minimal quantities.
Above are the few items that I have knowledge about, I’m sure there will be tonnes of other natural immunity boosters. Before consuming anything always read about it, do your R&D and when you feel 100% sure, go ahead and consume it.
Leaving the consumption of our boosters aside there are also few other ways to maintain a healthy immune system.
– Make sure to get adequate sleep, which will help keep your mind fresh and stress free.
– Exercising is always a good habit. It not only keeps the outer body fit but also the internal body healthy.
– Include veggies and fruits in your day to day diet. Vegetables and fruits are a great source of vitamins and nutrients.
– Lastly, always maintain adequate level of hygiene, not just with your body but also your surroundings.
Hope I could be of some help! I have tried to list down as much knowledge as possible I have on this particular topic.
Lets take care of ourselves and our loved ones.
STAY HEALTHY, STAY SAFE.