Primer !! – One such word that gained tremendous popularity in the past few years !!
Prepping your face before make-up application is very important if you want a flawless look. It is like preparing a canvas.
Just as you prep a “Wall” before painting, you prep your “Face” before you paint it !!
Using a Primer is not a necessity, however using it can be beneficial!! Even though there are Pros and Cons to almost everything, all we have to do is weigh them both together & if the Pros exceed, we are in the right direction !!
So let’s get started ;
Pros of using a Make-Up Primer –
– It creates a smooth base i.e all your pores, blemishes, fine lines, get a little diminished, giving you a smooth skin texture.
– If you are someone who uses make-up quite often, then a primer can act as a shield between the skin and your make-up, protecting it on a long term basis.
– A primer can bring a little bling to your face. It helps absorb the extra oil and provide a little shine.
– Application of the foundation is much more smoother over a primer and is also long lasting. So in simple words, your make-up remains longer when you have your primer on.
Coming down to the Cons of Make up Primer :
– As I said, a primer is a shield between your skin and make-up, however this at times can lead to clogged pores which may result in breakouts especially if you have a sensitive skin.
– Usage of Primer adds an additional layer to your skin, so a full coverage foundation could make your face look heavy or cakey.
The Pros clearly Win!!
Listing down the pros and cons are important on my part so that all of you can make an informed decision rather than just believing me blindly !!
I personally do use a Primer whenever I apply makeup.
I really like using it. It makes my face feel hydrated and moisturized.
My foundation settles very well when I have a primer on. It gives a little glow and most importantly a very smooth and even skin tone !!
The primer that I currently have had my hands on is the e.l.f Hydrating Face Primer.
Listing it down along with some more good primers available out there at economical rates :
Few things I would like to mention :-
-I am not a regular user of Make-up. So I do not use a Primer daily.
– I am a combination skin tone, if you are a sensitive skin I suggest you use a very mild Primer so that it’s a Win-Win situation !!
Lastly, all of these applications are NOT Important!! If you are happy in your own skin, you do not need any of these extra coatings !!
HAPPY PREPPING !!