Veg Omelette / Besan Chilla / Gram Flour Pancake
Who doesn't love a yummy addition to their weight loss journey? Veg Omelette/ Besan Chilla is rich in soluble fibre and contributes towards weight loss. These gram flour pancakes are super easy and quick to make. Try it out!
Servings 3 people
- Mixing bowl & a frying pan
- 1 cup Gram flour/ Besan
- 1 small Onion (fine chopped)
- 1 small Tomato (fine chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Corriander (fine chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (fine chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Garlic (fine chopped), optional.
- A pinch of Asafoetida/ Hing
- Salt as per taste
- Water (for semi thick consistency)
- Add all the mentioned ingredients to a mixing bowl and ensure to pour water gradually. Whisk until you have a smooth semi-thick paste as shown.
- Take a pan, grease it will oil, or clarified butter(ghee). Pour 1/4th cup of the batter into the pan.
- Once the chilla starts turning golden yellow, that’s when you should flip it.
- Fry both sides until nice golden yellow/brown. Take out in a plate, if you are on a diet, serve it as it is, or otherwise grease it with a little butter.
- Pair it with tomato ketchup, or any other chutney of your choice & Indulge!
Give this recipe a try & do share your feedback in the comments below!