Vegetable / Coriander Chicken Rice!
One of the best ways to combine the greens for something tasty is through this recipe. Vegetable / Coriander Chicken Rice makes the perfect whole meal, requiring nothing to go along with it, give it a try!
Servings 3 people
- Just one cooking vessel.
- 1 bowl Coriander, fresh picked
- 1 big Capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup Cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- Add any other veggies of your choice
- 1 bowl Chicken Salami, Sausages or Breast, cube cut pieces (for non-vegetarians)
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium Potato, cube cut
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bowl Rice(white, brown, basmati, as per preference), soaked
- 1 tbsp Oil (any as per preference)
- 1/2 tbsp Jeera, whole
- 1 bowl Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Salt (as per taste)
- Wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes.
- In the cooking vessel, add oil and whole jeera. Once it crackles add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add onion and potato and cook until onion turns translucent.
- Then add all the cut veggies and give it a good mix.
- Add half a cup of chicken or vegetable stock, close the lid and let it cook.
- In the meantime, put the freshly picked coriander in a mixer grinder, add a pinch of salt and two to three drops of oil. Add 1/4 cup of water and grind until you get a thin consistency.
- Now coming back to the veggies, give it a good toss, add the soaked rice and pour the coriander paste.
- Add a bowl of vegetable or chicken stock.
- If you are using chicken breast pieces, add them in this step to the cooking vessel. Stir all the ingredients, add salt as per taste, cover the lid and simmer for 10 minutes (keep checking if the rice is cooked).
- Once the rice is almost cooked; if you are making use of chicken salami or sausages, add them now and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Post that, Serve & Indulge!
Give this recipe a try & share your reviews in the comments below!