Vermicelli Kheer / Seviyan Kheer
In India we believe every good start begins with a Sweet Dish, Toh Kuch Meetha Hojaye !!!
Servings 6 people
- Round Bottom Pan and Spoon
- 200 grams Long Cut Seviyan (Vermicelli)
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 6 tbsp Jaggery/Sugar – (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Saffron (optional)
- Dry Fruits as per choice (Almonds,Raisins,Cashew,etc)
- In a pan add ghee, break the Vermicelli and fry on low flame. Stir continuously until it turns golden brown.
- Now add the milk and simmer on low flame. Stir occasionally to avoid the Vermicelli from sticking to the pan.
- Once the milk starts boiling add in the jaggery or sugar and mix well.
- Once the jaggery/sugar dissolves, add saffron (optional) and the cardamom powder.
- Mix and then add the dry fruits of your choice.
- Let everything boil for another 5 minutes, then put off the flame. Serve hot or chilled as you like 🙂
HAPPY COOKING !!