The scorching heat and increased pollution are making stepping out, even more, worse this summer!
While I’ve spoken so often about skincare essentials, today let’s dig into what’s needed this Summer.
Whether travelling for work, leisure or even going to the nearby grocery store, your skin needs extra care. The heat is leading to severe sunburns and the dust is leading to clogged pores, acne, and several other skin problems.
Here are some super easy tips that you can do at home and some things that you can carry along to beat the heat.
- Use a gentle cleanser – This is the first and the most important step. Use a gentle cleanser that can help you nicely clean your face and neck and also soothe the skin.
- Make sunscreen a priority – I cannot stress enough how important sunscreen is for your skin. Keep one handy at all times. I have recently posted on the importance of sunscreen and given a few budget options, scroll down to the end of the page and do check it out.
- Pick aloe vera to calm your skin – Be it rash, burn or itchy skin, use aloe vera gel to soothe the affected area. You can even freeze the gel with some water and apply it.
- Moisturise even when you don’t feel like it – Your skin needs the necessary moisturisation throughout the year irrespective of the season. During summer you can use water-based moisturisers to keep your skin hydrated and give it an extra layer of protection.
- Never without a cotton scarf – A cotton scarf is the best way to cover your face and neck while out in the heat. Use cotton fabric so that you don’t feel suffocated.
- Do not forget the sunglasses – Along with your skin, even your eyes need protection from the UV rays of the sun. Do not take sunglass protection for granted.
- A hat is a good option too – If you don’t like wrapping around a scarf, using a nice summer hat will be of help too.
All in all, enjoy the summer season but also give your skin the extra care it needs.
HAPPY SKINCARE LOVELIES!